Beatrice is a self taught artist from Mumbai. She was fortunate enough to grow up in the lush green locale surrounding Powai Lake (Mumbai) of yore. Today she yearns for the lost nature that has been replaced by the concrete jungle. She is one rare natural artist. She never took art consciously; it just came upon her naturally. It took her a while to realise her potential. Once she found her idiom, there was no stopping for her.
Having grown up in a sedate surrounding and a quest for divine embodies her journey through the mundane things of life. Beatrice never got an opportunity to break free and had stymied a great creative urge inside her for a long time. Her love for nature which have been the subject of her paintings have manifested in her a deep spiritual sense. Painting gave her recourse to ventilate her feelings in a metaphorical way. Her quest for spirituality is essentially the search for the meaning of life. And life has a meaning because the essence of God is Love – Agape. Beatrice brings out the agape love – the self-sacrificing love of God for humanity which transcend all forms of love. The glimpse of agape love is seen in a mother who loves her child unconditionally which is reflected in her paintings. Her quest for agape love doesn’t end, she further brings forth man’s alienation in terms of his distance from God which is bridged by God with his Agape Love. Her love for God is shown through her paintings ‘Wings of an Eagle’ which is mediated through forms, shapes and colors.
The works displayed by her are her tryst with life’s challenges where with courage yet unquestioned, she lifts to heights, unhindered, an eagle….flying high.
Beatrice has displayed her paintings at the following exhibitions :-
- 2016 : Autumn Dream – Sate Gallery of Arts, Madhapur, Hyderabad
- 2016 : Ellora Art Fair, Aurangabad
- 2016 : Adore – Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- 2015 : India Art Festival, Mumbai
- 2015 : Art Fair Thane 2015
- 2014 : 55th Maharashtra State Art Exhibition 2014-15 (participated in Professional category)
- 2014 : Reflections –RDD Neroy Gallery, Chowpatty, Mumbai
- 2014 : Hues 2 – Coormaraswamy Hall, Mumbai
- 2014 : Upvan Art Festival, Thane
- 2013 : Sparsh-II at Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2012 : The Maiden Art Show of 7 Maidens held at Thane Kala Bhavan, Thane