Prawn roast is a spicy dish and also an easy dish to prepare. its the magical touch of Kerala seafood cuisine.
- 500 g Tiger Prawn (with Skin) Cleaned, remove its head and keep the tail
- 15 no.s Shallots/Small Onion Peeled and chopped finely
- 5 to 6 no.s Green chilly Adjust as per your taste, cut into length wise
- 2 Inch Ginger Fat Root peeled and Chopped Finely
- 5 Fat Cloves Garlic Peeled and chopped finely
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Chilly Powder Adjust as per your taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Meat masala powder Try to use fresh homemade powder
- 2 Pinches Roasted Cumin Seed
- ¾ Cup Water
- 3 to 4 tbsp Tamarind Juice (thick)
- 4 to 5 tbsp Coconut Oil Adjust as per your taste
- Salt as per ypur taste
Take all ingredients except coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
Close and cook it in a medium flame for next 10 to 15 minutes.
after 15 minutes, Uncover and cook again until the gravy thickens and all prawns are well covered with the gravy.
you can Increase the flame, drip coconut oil occasionally and fry the prawns with gravy.
When the prawns are fried well turn off the heat
garnish recipe with some curry leaves.
Keep Spicy Prawn roast, next 1 hour for setting.
Reheat and serve with boiled rice, kappa, chapatti etc.