Almost 50 years back India was introduced to one of its most popular foreign delights of the kitchen….the ‘jam roll’ or in other words the famous Swiss roll.
Today it gives me great pleasure to share with you the recipe of this mouth watering snack….
To make a Swiss roll you will need the following ingredients…
– 2 oz flour
– 2 eggs
– 3 oz finely powdered sugar
– a pinch of salt
– 1 spoon of hot water
– 1/2 level teaspoon of baking powder
Once you have all the ingredients you are ready to start…
– Beat the eggs well.
– Add the sugar to it and beat again.
– Pour hot water and then put in the flour and the salt.
Note: flour should be sieved well with the baking powder before adding it to the beaten eggs
– Mix the ingredients well and then pour it in a flat biscuit tin or rectangular baking tray.
– Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius .
– Remove it from the oven and spread it on a piece of clean linen sprinkled with a piece of powdered sugar. Then spread the jam of your choice on it. Roll it first without the linen.
– Once you have rolled it completely wrap the linen around it till it cools…once it has cooled, take off the linen. Cut it into strips of moderate thickness.
YOUR SWISS ROLL IS NOW READY TO BE SERVED!!!
AND LIKE ALWAYS SERVE IT WITH LOVE AND JOY!!!!!!!!!!